Sunday, January 05, 2020

The Jaredites

The "Title Page of The Book of Mormon" and the "Introduction" both mention the Jaredites, or people of Jared.  The Book of Ether is an abridgment of their record, which can be found near the end of The Book of Mormon, one book before Moroni.

My husband's family joined the church when he was around 7 years old.  During his teenage years, he read the Book of Mormon here and there with his parents and siblings.  He stopped going to church when he left home, so his reactivation last year came after over 20 years of being an inactive member.  I was as surprised as anyone else! 

Tonight, we started reading The Book of Mormon together, inspired by a "conversion" project I have to do for a religion class I'm taking this semester.  We are taking it slow and steady; I am determined to make this a habit in our home and am grateful for my loving husband's support.  

As for the Jaredites, my husband brought them up in discussion after reading because he doesn't remember them from his time learning as a teenager.  He's a history buff and has a mind like a sponge, so it was nice to see him intrigued by  something "new."

More to come with each passing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cannot say something nice, please, do not say anything at all. Thank you.